The Challenge: answer all 10 questions!
Answering these 10 questions demonstrates a healthy knowledge of the IT environment and where your business data stands…
- What type of data are you using and creating on a daily basis?
- Where is your data being saved and stored (cloud solutions or hosted locally)?
- Do you see any compliance impacts with your data (HIPAA, Mass Data Privacy, etc.)?
- Have you implemented any security processes to integrate with current business processes?
- What are the major security risks that you have identified in your areas?
- Have you identified how an unauthorized disclosure of data may occur?
- Have you implemented a control to mitigate that risk?
- Do you store and work with customer PII (Private Identifiable Information)?
- Have you identified who might be interested in your data?
- Are you equipped to handle all of these potential issues and risks on your own?
How did you do? The truth is most businesses can not answer most of these questions because they are data security experts. However, 60% of businesses that neglect IT security and data backup plans find themselves closed within 6 months of a cyber security attack. Cyber security attacks are becoming extremely common, especially for smaller businesses with easily penetrable networks.
Warwick is on your side when it comes to cyber security. We have experienced IT experts available to install correct firewall & anti-malware software, monitor your network, and keep your business protected 24/7. Give us a call for a free network assessment to determine any network vulnerabilities!