VP, Technical Services
Office + Remote
Ensure customer satisfaction by providing phone and on-site troubleshooting and technical support of voice and data networks, voicemail. Provide technical support to customers/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature. Provide superior customer service by pro-actively interacting and communicating with customers daily. Promote the growth of Warwick Communications, Inc. by identifying and recommending products and services to customers; may be involved in customer installation and training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot our customers’ hardware, networking, programming, and configuration-related queries through phone or email/chat.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot data communications issues using appropriate monitoring and diagnostic tools.
- Escalate calls based on customer demand or own judgment. Documentation of the case, reporting, and trend analysis.
- Communicate the technical aspects of voice and data systems to customers in a simple, effective, and user-friendly manner.
- Responsible for bridging the gap between voice and data network teams, as well as mentoring and training other technicians. Support voice and data project implementations by conducting on-site and remote technical analyses of implementations.
- Deliver accurate and efficient changes to customer programming on-site or remotely.
- Assemble, configure, pre-build, and test new and used phone systems for installation.
- Provide remote support for voice/data-related service calls and work orders.
- Perform field installation and service labor on Work or Service Orders as needed.
- Act as the backup to Customer Service Client Care specialist during vacations and other scheduled times.
- Provide consulting and engineering services on projects requiring business-to-business networking.
- Communicates with customers and prospects in a positive, customer-oriented manner. Effectively adjusts personal presentation and overall interaction style to readily conform to the audience.
- Constantly shares helpful information with others for the overall good of the team and organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability is expected but not required. We will train and commit to providing the essential tools for success. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or engineering related field preferred, but not required.
- Strong knowledge of voice and data industry and related industries.
- Successful past technology service and support experience.
- Three to five years of relevant experience.
- Certifications in Mitel 5000, Toshiba, and Adtran ATSP, CCNA or MCSE are required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft XP PRO, Microsoft Windows 2000, MS Exchange, Active Directory, Server 2003 is a plus.
- Well versed in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint office tools.
- Above average comfort level with all forms of technology including computers, software, and data networks.
- Strong verbal, written communication skills, project management, and self-initiative skills.
- Must be creative, enjoy troubleshooting difficult issues, and able to implement innovative solutions
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
Success in this position will be based on KPIs for (1) Service Orientation; (2) Teamwork and Collaboration; and (3) Initiative.