Senior IT Support Specialist
The Senior IT Support Specialist maintains a high level of technical skill and competency to address Level 2 & 3 support of complex IT user, network and application issues. As a Sr. IT Support Specialist, you will provide an exceptional customer service experience to Warwick customers. You will be first point of customer engagement, providing thoughtful, day-to-day comprehensive technical support from initial challenge through resolution. This will include talking the customer through account set up, to troubleshooting and resolving all technical issues. You and your teammates will redefine “customer satisfaction” to mean that the customer is “blown away”. In this role, you will provide your insight and execution to drive the optimal customer experience by phone call, email, remote and on-site assistance.
You will also provide technical account support for client solutions and client projects. You will help grow client understanding and use of technology, and advise on new technology opportunities.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience, engage and empathize with customers to support and resolve technical issues and requests through completion, including communication at all phases.
- Perform effective root-cause analysis to troubleshoot, diagnosis and resolve clients’ networks (layers 1-3) for data and voice.
- Ensure accurate and timely resolution of all assigned issues; escalate product bugs or unresolvable cases if necessary; notice trends and report reoccurring problems.
- Monitor and respond to network, security and other alerts appropriately.
- Accurately document all work performed through ticketing system including details and outcomes. Maintain client environment-related documentation in Knowledge Management System (KMS).
- Provide product and solutions engineering for designated products and technologies. Collaborate with Sales Engineers to design technical solutions within the WCI technology stack and estimate effort for small technical project deployments.
- Lead implementation of small technical projects and post-project support. This includes support installation, configuration, and support of Microsoft Office 365 on various platforms. Update Office 365 licenses, subscriptions and user management; increase engagement with Office 365.
- Subject Matter Expert for designated products/technologies, such as backup/disaster recovery solution, network monitoring, security awareness training/phishing, switch/firewall management solutions. Document procedures for managing technologies.
- Provide Technical Account Management to assigned clients by understanding clients’ technical environment and processes, achieving SLAs, growing client understanding and use of technology, and assisting Sales Account Manager with client project opportunities.
- Maintain technical knowledge and industry trends by participating in Continuing Educational opportunities, and routine reading of industry related publications/blogs/etc. Obtain/maintain related technical certificates.
- Collaborate with your team on technical issues, dissemination of unique technical knowledge and documentation of processes/procedures.
- Demonstrated professionalism in resolving customer issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Takes time to assure understanding of all stakeholders.
- Strong customer service and documentation skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills including identification of issues, obstacles and opportunities and development and implementation of effective solutions. Specific experience troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Ability to work with team or independently at times.
- Organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to think on your feet and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting.
- Commitment to meet and exceed individual and team KPIs
- Be available for sharing of on-call service support.
- Ability to lift 50lb
- Ability to drive to client or other assigned locations.
Technical Experience, Skills preferred:
- Combination of 1 to 3 years in a help desk, service desk and other IT related positions
- 3-5 years of Cloud Services (Azure, AWS) related experience, including migrating on-prem to the cloud, and specific cloud-based SaaS solutions Office 365, MS Azure, CISCO Meraki.
- 3- 5 years of network architecture and management experience, including Routers/Firewalls, network switches, VLANs, VPN and network cabling.
- Experience with Microsoft Server and Desktop technologies: Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013/2016, Exchange Administration, Windows Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, RADIUA Server.
- Understanding of VMware, Hyper-V Virtualization technologies.
- Experience using troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark, Hirens, RMM tools
- Willingness to learn and understand Office 365 capabilities, plans, service descriptions and features.
- Knowledge with legacy Microsoft Office Suites (Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, Visio)
Education, Certification Requirements:
- Degree in Technology Field or equivalent years of experience;
- CompTIA (or similar) Certification: Security+, Network+, Cloud+
- Microsoft Certification: Azure/Active Directory Administration, Office 365 Administration, Server 2012-2016 Administration
- Networking (or similar) Certification: Cisco Meraki Solutions Specialist, Aruba Certified Switching Associate
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Service Orientation
- Organizational Awareness